Consistent with Murphs' philosophy of only offering high quality products to our customers, we now stock the popular Speed Bleeder product line.
The bleeding of brake and hydraulic clutch lines can be a hassle. Doing it the old way pretty much requires two people, one pumping the lever, and one turning the bleeder screw back and forth. The Speed Bleeder makes the task much simpler, easily accomplished by one person.
Simply replace your existing bleed screws with the Speed Bleeder. Internal to each Speed Bleeder is a spring-loaded check valve, as shown in the animation above. To bleed the system, first turn the Speed Bleeder 1/4 turn counter-clockwise. As you compress the clutch or brake levers, the valve is forced open by the resulting pressure, which in turn forces bubbles and fluid out the bleeder. Releasing the lever relieves the pressure in the line and the spring forces the valve closed. When you're finished bleeding the system, simply re-tighten the Speed Bleeder 1/4 turn and you're done. It's that simple!
Features of Speed Bleeder:
- Stainless steel spring
- Stainless steel ball
- Brass retainer
- The threads are roll formed. This process results in a stronger and smoother thread than one that is cut.
- The chamber for the ball and spring is precision reamed and the seat for the stainless steel ball is machined to exacting tolerances.
- Zinc chromate plating withstands a 30 hour salt spray. Other plating with higher salt spray results is also available.
- Patented thread sealing system seals the threads when the bleeding operation is performed, preventing air from being sucked back into the system.
- The pre-applied thread sealant also displaces air and moisture during thread engagement preventing rust...which usually results in rounded off corners on the hex or busted off bleeder screws making it necessary to replace the caliper or brake cylinder. The application of thread sealant thus makes it easy to loosen or remove the bleeder screw at any time.
The Speed Bleeder products come in slightly different styles, depending on the application. On this page we only offer the version for the Concours 14, and you get all 7 pieces you need to do the entire bike. That is 5 each PN SB8125L, and 2 each PN SB8125.
Get the bag and tubing when you order, to give you a convenient vessel in which to bleed the fluid, and keep everything as mess free as possible! Check the drop down option list.
Shipping to the lower 48 included.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
After many frustrating brake and clutch bleeding episodes I finally installed these Speed Bleeders. What a dope for not doing them sooner. I may bleed the systems again tomorrow just because it's so easy now.
Great product and fast delivery. Solved my issue with the back brake on my 09 concours.
Awesome product that should come as oem on all bikes. They work flawlessly and make bleeding brakes and clutch a one person job.
These should be standard from the factory. Makes bleeding brakes and clutch an easy job. Having a kit that covers the whole bike is another example of Murph's great service.
Exactly what I wanted easy to install.